Preparing for National Day...


Walking on campus today I passed by a group preparing to participate in the National Day parade.

The parade that I, as a foreigner, am forbidden to go near, but can watch on TV.

It is the biggest celebration in 60 years and with a population of 1.3 billion... I guess crowd control makes sense.

It would be fascinating to see the celebration up close, but I have a feeling the city will be a buzz no matter where I am that day.

I hope to shoot some video, but Tian'anmen is closed starting tomorrow until after the celebration. The fireworks are supposed to surpass that of the Olympics...




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Twitter Experiment - Bringing Twitter to the Classroom at UT Dallas

Tribute to Patricia A. Porter - 2009 Obelisk award

Driving in China... random video 3